Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New job, new outlook ...oh, and a new mail organizing system

New Job - Yesterday I started a new position at the Open Door Mission as Administrative Support Staff at our Timberlake Outreach Center. Sounds impressive? Good..but fancy titles like that will fool ya :) It's exciting because I am being challenged to step up and take on more leadership responsibility and once again, step out of my comfort zone. Since I got hired in July, I have been working in the volunteer department, helping facilitate and direct all the volunteers that come through the Mission. Now, while still working with volunteers, I get to work with a group of workers from a program called Employment First, get trained to do some community case management, and possibly teach some bible & life skill classes. All in all, it's an exciting opportunity that God plopped directly in my lap and I'm sure there will be many lessons learned through this new job. I'll keep ya posted...

New Outlook- Since, oh probably mid-January or so, I have made a commitment to being healthier. Call it a New Year's resolution if you like, but more than anything I just want to get back to a point where I'm exercising on a regular basis, making smart food choices and just feeling good about myself. So, my friend Corine and I signed up to do a bootcamp 2 days a week at the YMCA and I have been trying (<--Key word right there) to stick to a 1,300-1,400 calorie daily food regimen. First of all, bootcamp kicks my butt. One, because it's at 5:30 in the morning. Two, because it's just plain hard. And besides the motivation to just live healthier, I'm in FOUR weddings this summer and want to feel good wearing all those dresses! Down 8 lbs. so far, and looking for more!

New mail organizing system - I picked up some old records at work the other day thinking that it could be a cute way to decorate in our music room/office. I went online hoping to find some inspiration, and voila!, I found this really cute idea for organizing mail, bills, papers etc., so unfortunately I can't take credit for it, but I hope it will help me stay sane amongst all the papers!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job, and new outlook. We're trying to do the same - be healthier! :) And your record mail system is uber cute! :)
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey a promotion! It does sound impressive! You know what else is impressive? Your fancy pants ideas for the records. You know what would be even more impressive? Meeting for lunch somewhere someday over our lunch hours at a place fairly in between our two places of employment.... get back to me on that one! Glad to see you blogging again you boot camper!

    ReplyDelete