Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm a bad blogger...

Wow. To say I am a bit tardy in updating this thing called a blog is quite an understatement if I've ever heard one. Last I posted, we were excited to announce the impending arrival of our first child - today, that child, Jonathan Alan Ricley, is here and will be 8 weeks old in t-minus approximately 17 hours! He is the most precious gift we have ever been given and since he's come into our lives, I finally feel like I have found exactly what I was meant to do - be a mother. As much as I would love to ramble on and on about how different life is with a new baby around and how wonderfully difficult it can all be at times, I'll save some of that for another post. After all, I'll need something to talk about if I'm going to be more consistent with this thing... :)

In other exciting news, Brett has also found exactly what he is supposed to do in life...well, at least for this season of life! We have been on a journey with God, basically since the moment we said "I do", that has been full of twists and turns and often times been confusing and downright difficult. Although it was all those things and more, it has now brought us to this place where we feel like we are directly in the middle of God's will for our lives, and we are excited for the ministry He has placed before us! As of a February 12th of this year, Brett is a Campus Ministry Recruit with Impact Campus Ministries. We are currently just beginning the process of being trained and prepared to go and do ministry in Salt Lake City, Utah on their college campuses. While we are anxious to get out there and begin this new phase of our lives, we will still be in Omaha for as long as it takes for us to raise the support we need to live and do ministry out there.

If you want to keep up with that aspect of our lives and the journey God is taking us on in respect to Brett's ministry, his blog will be more geared toward those events (Brett's blog) This blog, on the other hand, will deal more with my journey as a wife and mother and the everyday happenings in my life. While the two are intertwined, we thought it would be easier to separate the two and thus not overwhelm anyone who might read these with mile long posts each day... You're welcome :)

So, for now I think that's all. My little guy is sleeping and some might say I have taken advantage of it - updating my blog, folding some laundry and watching the episode of the Bachelor that I missed Monday night! Now, I hope I have not spent this time unwisely as I attempt to go get some sleep myself and cross my fingers that Jonathan stays sleeping as well.

Until then...

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I have been hoping there would be a return. I love hearing about your journey! You little man is precious!

    ReplyDelete